Saturday, March 14, 2009

WE ARE TEAM

Something amazing happens when a kid jumps into a pool.  Besides their hair turning green, they learn to cheer each other on, as much as they compete against one another.  They take on newly found respect and appreciation for “aqua mom”, or whoever takes them to and from practice.  And they begin to understand that swimming is not an individual sport, but rather a collection of friendships, memories and achievements that create a family.  A family that has been with you since day one.  And always will be.
This was a little paragraph which I found on the latest TYR catalog which I just received in the mail. I thought it summed up Swimming at Blue Wave nicely...

2 comments:

Jack said...

Hey Mike, it's jack. I agree that it does sum us up nicely and that it's so cool that it could be the quote on our shirts next year, along with the cool "go blue wave" logo. so anyway great paragraph and I was also wondering if you could put up the nominations for team or group (I forgot) leaders. Thanks

Coach Mike said...

Glad you agree...I think of a team being a family. Not sure what will be on the shirts next year but something will go onto them.
I will also post nominations for team captains when the coaches decide on them. Thanks for the comment...